Immediate Postpartum IUD (PPIUD) insertion offers a novel and convenient method to address unmet need for contraception. However, for this purpose a dedicated PPIUD inserter is not available and instead, forceps are used. Furthermore the string used in traditional IUD inserters is too short to be visible after PPIUD insertion.
We aimed to assess the safety, effective fundal IUD placement, acceptability (provider satisfaction, consumer comfort) and feasibility of a prototype dedicated PPIUD inserter and to determine client satisfaction and IUD retention at follow-up.
- Populations Served
- Women, Women of Reproductive Age
- Health Areas
- Contraception, Maternal Health
- Marketing Products and Services
- Resource Types
- Peer-Reviewed Publications
- Intra-Uterine Device (IUD), Long-Acting Reversible Contraception, Post-Partum IUD Insertion