MalariaCare is funded by USAID under the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI). Led by PATH and with our support along with Medical Care Development International and Save the Children US, MalariaCare focuses on rapidly achieving high nationwide coverage of diagnosis and appropriate treatment by:
- Improving the accuracy of diagnostic testing in the health sector.
- Increasing the percentage of suspected malaria patients who receive a diagnostic test for malaria.
- Increasing the percentage of patients who receive appropriate treatment for malaria or other febrile illness, consistent with test results.
- Strengthening health systems at country level for the diagnosis and treatment of malaria and other infectious diseases, with a focus on laboratory support.
To learn more about the project visit the MalariaCare website.
- Effectively Engaging the Private Sector to Improve Malaria Case Management
This program brief aims to provide an overview of how program managers can engage and partner with the private sector to improve case management of malaria and other febrile illnesses.