We are delighted to formally welcome and introduce the eight new members of the SCTG Coalition Steering Committee.
But first, we want to express our deepest appreciation for the stellar partners—Martha Brady, Holly Burke, Janet Holt, Kristy Kade, Pierre Moon, and Linda Weisert—who are stepping down after a year of service. Incumbents Megan Christofield and Jenny Njuki will stay on for another term. Their dedication, smarts, patience, and persistence were instrumental in getting the SCTG to where it is now.
The Steering Committee advises the Secretariat and provides oversight of SCTG coalition-building functions, ensuring a strong value proposition for members that is supportive of the coalition’s strategic priorities.
We are excited to work together with a talented group who not only bring valuable experience, expertise, and passion for self-care, but also reflect the growing diversity of the SCTG. Our new Steering Committee members come from eight different countries—Peru, Nigeria, Kenya, Senegal, Switzerland, Uganda, US, UK—and is made up of 60% advocates, ushering in a new era for the SCTG.
- Dr. Adewole Adefalu, Nigeria Country Coordinator, John Snow, Inc.
- Megan Christofield, Project Director & Advisor, Jhpiego
- Milka Dinev, Regional Senior Advisor to ForoLAC and the MHS Caucus, Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition
- Dr. Austen El-Osta, Director of the Self-Care Academic Research Unit (SCARU), Imperial College London School of Public Health
- Faridah Luyiga, Advocacy Lead, International Confederation of Midwives (ICM)
- Solome Nakaweesi-Kimbugwe, International Development Consultant
- Jenny Njuki, Advocacy Communications and Strategic Partnership Officer, (Y-ACT) AMREF Health Africa
- Judy Stenmark, Director General, Global Self-Care Federation
- Aïssatou Thioye, Knowledge Management and Partnership Officer for West Africa, Knowledge SUCCESS, FHI360
Learn more about the SCTG’s new Coalition Steering Committee.