PSI has been implementing the Women’s Heath Project (WHP) in fifteen countries since 2008. The key objectives of WHP are 1) to increase women’s access to safe abortion, and 2) to increase women’s use of long acting reversible contraceptives, especially the IUD and implants.
This brief describes the challenges faced, strategies developed, and lessons learned by the program. It also proposes a set of best practices for improving productivity of interpersonal communications (IPC) agents and increasing providers’ skills and motivation.
- Populations Served
- Women of Reproductive Age
- Health Areas
- Contraception, Maternal Health, Safe Abortion
- Communicating for Social Change, Marketing Products and Services
- Resource Types
- Reports and Briefs
- Benin, Cambodia, Cameroon, El Salvador, Guatemala, India, Laos, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda
- Contraceptive Implant, Intra-Uterine Device (IUD), Long-Acting Reversible Contraception, Medical Abortion, Medical Abortion and Post-Abortion Care