The emerging learning brief focuses on the quality control of sanitation products under the Sanitation Service Delivery (SSD) project in Benin. Faced with the challenges of only 22% of the urban Beninese population using basic sanitation facilities, 26% using shared toilets, and 38% participating in open defecation, the SSD project has uses a market-based approach to optimize the design of of sanitation solutions and reduce the cost of pour-flush double-pit latrines.
Ensuring the Quality of Sanitation Products During Project Scale-up
- Resource Types: Guides and Toolkits, Reports and Briefs
- Languages: English
- Population Served: General Population
- Practice Areas: Sanitation, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene
- Countries: Benin, Benin (PSI/Benin)
- Solutions: Fecal Sludge Management, Rural Sanitation, Urban Sanitation, WASH Solutions