Who we are
With our 50 years of insight, PSI reimagines how to bring quality healthcare closer to those who need it most.
Where to Find Us
1120 19th St. NW
Washington, DC 20036
28 Whitefield Place
School Lane, Westlands
PO Box 14355-00800
1015 BT Amsterdam
Papua New Guinea
PSI makes it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire.
- Gender Equality: PSI affirms gender equality is a universal human right and the achievement of it is essential to PSI’s mission. Read about our commitment to gender equality here.
- Diversity and Inclusion: PSI affirms its commitment to diversity and believes that when people feel respected and included they can be more honest, collaborative and successful. Read our commitment to diversity and inclusion here.
- Zero tolerance for discrimination and harassment: PSI is committed to establishing and maintaining a work environment that fosters harmonious, productive working relationships and encourages mutual respect among team members. Read our policy against discrimination and harassment here.
- Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity: PSI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Read our full affirmative action and equal employment opportunity policy here.
- United Nations Global Compact: Since 2017, PSI has been a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, a commitment to align strategies and operations with universal principles of human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption. Read about PSI’s commitment to the UN Global Compact here.
- Zero tolerance for modern-day slavery and human trafficking: PSI works to ensure that its operations and supply chains are free from slavery and human trafficking. Read more about this commitment in our policy statement, endorsed by the PSI Board of Directors.
- Meaningful Youth Engagement: PSI is firmly committed to the meaningful engagement of young people in our work. As signatories of the Global Consensus Statement on Meaningful Adolescent & Youth Engagement, PSI affirms that young people have a fundamental right to actively and meaningfully engage in all matters that affect their lives. PSI’s commitments aim to serve and partner with diverse young people from 10-24 years, and we have prioritized ethics and integrity in our approach. Read more about our commitments to the three core principles of respect, justice and Do No Harm in the Commitment to Ethics in Youth-Powered Design. And read more about how we are bringing our words to action in our ICPD+25 commitment, Elevating Youth Voices, Building Youth Skills for Health Design.
Fifty Years of Impact
Since our founding in 1970, PSI has worked with and for the people we serve to build sustainable solutions for the world's most serious health issues. Here's what we've achieved in just the past 25 years:
DEATHS DUE TO MALARIA, DIARRHEA AND PNEUMONIA PREVENTED
maternal deaths prevented
UNINTENDED PREGNANCIES PREVENTED
HIV INFECTIONS PREVENTED
Population Services International (PSI) is a 501(c)(3) registered nonprofit organization, which means your contributions are tax-deductible to the limits of applicable laws. PSI’s tax ID number is 56-0942853.