The Academie de l’artisanat teaches out-of-school girls and young women about reproductive health and contraception while encouraging them to take control of their lives. At the same time as they learn, they acquire beading skills which allow them to create jewelry to wear themselves or to sell and earn moderate income. The video of Romain shares her story of how she has benefitted from the beading workshops and has been proactive in selling her jewelry to make some money.
Romaine, une jeune femme entrepreneure
- Resource Types: Reports and Briefs
- Languages: French
- Population Served: Adolescents and Youth, Women of Reproductive Age
- Practice Areas: Sexual & Reproductive Health
- Countries: Benin, Benin (ABMS)
- Solutions: Diaphragm, GBV Prevention and Response, Injectable Contraception, Oral Contraception, Short-Term Contraception, Standard Days Method and CycleBeads®, Stigma Reduction